1st Gridspectives Dialogue Forum on the Aesthetics of the Energiewende
Gridspectives is about grids and perspectives; new perspectives.It confronts traditional views with new insights. It reveals the gaps between politics and society as well as between theory and reality. It lets new paradigms evolve and fosters controversial discussions. Energy experts encounter cultural innovators. It is a safe environment for unconventional debates. It is open and fresh – and certainly not boring.
At the first Gridspectives Dialogue Forum on 22 April in Berlin we discussed the Aesthetics of the Energiewende while focusing on emerging, innovative pylon design:
- What is beauty of power?
- How do public perceptions change?
- Why do we fear grid infrastructure?
- How do designers approach grid design compared to engineers?
- Which design options are currently internationally discussed?
- Who should decide about beauty?
In Gridspectives Dialogue Forum was attended by: designers, architects, energy experts, cultural leaders, social innovators, psychologists, media and politics.
Input statements included:
- BEAUTY – Aesthetics versus beauty?
Freddy Paul Grunert, philosopher and curator, Selph2
- POWER – Who has the power?
Antonella Battaglini, executive director, Renewables-Grid-Initiative
- PERCEPTION – How do we perceive our surroundings?
Prof. Dr. Dr. Olaf Kühne, landscape expert, University Weihenstephan-Triesdorf
- DESIGN – Vision of design?
Erik Bystrup & Henrik Skouboe, Bystrup Architects and Designers
- ENERGY – What makes energy beautiful?
Jacob Bilabel, founder, Green Music Energy
- REALITY – What is feasible?
Alexander Braun, pylon expert, EUROPOLES
- SOCIETY – Not me, but you – or us?
Dr. Fritz Reusswig, sociologist and expert for sustainable urban lifestyle, Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research
- CHANGE – How to choose the better?
Anna Handschuh, Gottlieb Duttweiler Institute
- MEDIA – Language of beauty?
Mirna Funk, journalist & writer & Richard Walker, Deutsche Welle TV
- ATTITUDE – Going beyond aesthetics?
Guido Axmann, social change expert, Think-Do-Tank THEMA1
Gridspectives Dialogue Forum: Future and Aesthetics of the Energiewende
22 April 2013, 10am – 5pm + Private Preview 6pm – 9pm
ProjektZentrum Stiftung Mercator
Neue Promenade 6 10178 Berlin